Candy with Some Gingerbread

December 22nd, 2010

Inspired by GirlGoneChild, I set out to make a gingerbread house with the kids.  Way too much fun.  In true form, the kids preferred the black licorice “pipes” to all other candy.

9 Responses to “Candy with Some Gingerbread”

1. Charley says:

Impressive! I’m with the kids, the licorice is always a winner.

2. Alex says:

that is awesome! I prefer red liquorice myself, but I don’t think that even counts as liquorice…. But the house is awesome!!! I love the colour theme! We tried to make a gingerbread house with a friends kid and Adelaide. They were made as kids by a local charity which was awesome. Adelaide ended up eating all the candy before we got it on the house… as did I hahah! Yay festive times!

3. Aunt Nancy says:

A true work of art! In my crystal ball I see fantastically decorated birthday cakes in the new year at the Duncan house.

4. Ivy says:

I would very much like to inhabit that edible residence.

5. Allahkat says:

You gots a recipe for that there jaingerbread you used?

6. Corrie says:

i would also like that recipe, and did you just cook it as a flat piece and then cut it in pieces? i planned to order the fancy mold from lee valley this year, but it was one of those things that didn’t quite come to pass. so then i kind of gave up on my gingerbread house plans, but maybe i could still pull it out even without the fancy log cabin mold ;)

Follow the link to GirlsGoneChild above! She does a little demo, or I think actually, her mom does.

8. laura says:

So awesome! Me and my daughter made a gingerbread santa sleigh this year,complete with rudolph with a red jelly tot nose-so pretty,yet sooo yummy! Happy Holidays to you and yours :)

9. Heathre says:

Looks awesome! The more I see gingerbread houses, the more I want to make one… and then eat it. :)