THE POODLE HAS LANDED

May 26th, 2009

PUPPERS IS ON HIS WAY HOME!

(2 hour drive between us and where he ended up).

So.  Those people lied directly to us on two occasions.  Ed during our first phone call last Monday, claimed Puppers had run away the same night he brought him home.  His wife lied again in front of my husband, myself and our two children when we showed up on their doorstep pleading for any more information about him only two days ago, stating the same thing.  That’s it is “sad when dogs run away, isn’t it.”  Ed even told me some sob story about how they had to put their dog down recently, “I know what it’s like to lose a dog.”

Ed said a few things to me on the phone when I first talked to him that made me realize there was possibly something fishy going on.  (These things didn’t become clear until after I had stopped crying only a couple days ago, but I could not let them go).

For starters, he repeated three times “the dog ISN’T a puppy?  He’s HOW old?”  (Why does that matter, I thought).  Ed told me his wife was out with him when he found the dog and told him she didn’t want another dog.  (His wife told us Ed brought the dog home — knew then he lied, why lie.  And I also thought what a funny thing to think if you have JUST found someone’s “lost dog”.)  Then he asked me if the dog was HOUSETRAINED.  (Why do you need to know that if it ran away the first night it came home?) Also, they claimed he ran away from them. But Puppers never runs away. You could kick him and he’d still jump on you for attention. He’s petrified of his own shadow, I knew he wouldn’t have “run away” from them at night, or any other time for that matter.

Turns out Scott tattoos one of Ed’s daughters.  She’s been out of town all week.  She came home to see the news (spread all over town) of our dog being missing and also knew her Daddy Dearest had just brought a “new puppy” to her sister in Collingwood.   A dog he claimed was lost, that he spent “five days searching for the owners and came up with nothing”.  (Yeah, you missed US on your DOORSTEP, our several hundred flyers, our radio and television ads).  SO.  We quickly put it all together and my hero of a husband is driving back with Puppers as I type this.

Pups has been treated very well.  Bathed, bought a new blanket and toys for his crazy adventure.  We feel very badly for the Cooper’s daughters, as it must be quite unpleasant to have parents like that.

Puppercini was NOT wearing a collar when he was picked up since he has a collapsing trachea.  We were never worried about it because he is never more than three feet away from us at any given time.  Until last Saturday, when this outlandish journey began.

He will be getting microchipped and fitted for a harness tomorrow.

Learn from our lesson. And trust your instincts.

65 Responses to “THE POODLE HAS LANDED”

1. What in the hell is wrong with people?!? And these are your neighbors??? Yuck. Shame on them!

2. Meaghan says:

That’s terrible!! Who steals a dog?! I’m so glad you found him and can get him back, but what unfortunate circumstances.

3. Suzanne says:

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

4. kristina says:

i’m totally aghast! what a jerk!

but yay!

5. Molly says:

I am so happy you found him! I knew in my heart he would come home… I lost my chihuahua Ruca for just a few hours but I was absolutely hysterical the whole time. We took her that week to get microchipped!!

My stomach turns at the thought of your awful neighbors. I would call them out on their disgusting show of dishonesty!!!

6. Gillian says:

HORAYYYYYYYYYYy

7. tinaxo says:

Oh my lord.. Seriously makes me want to be ill.. How could someone do such a thing.. I’m so happy for your family that he is being returned safely..

8. Teri says:

I’m so glad you got him back. Little dogs always seem to be the target of thieves – out here, you can’t leave your dog tied up in front of the store, ’cause he’ll get swiped.

9. Shipley says:

I’ll help you replace the lost dog posters around town with one’s showing Ed’s face that read DOGNAPPER, LIAR, JERK.

10. Monica says:

I am so happy that you are getting Puppers back! Very good you put the lies together and what a lucky coincidence that Scott heard from that girl he tattoos.

Boy-Oh-Boy, I am so happy for you!

~M~

11. [...] NoNo’s new hair cut is dead sexy and has not left the cat alone since he came back from his Wild Adventure.  The cat, who outweighs him by at least ten pounds, hands Puppers his ass on a platter quite [...]

12. Priscilla says:

Oh, I am so glad to read about this! Isn’t it nice that these terrible people somehow have an honest and compassionate daughter?

13. jade says:

Oh my god. What horrible people. What must the karmic retributions for people like that be?

Thank goodness for the daughter’s honesty. That must have been awkward.

14. [...] annoyances as of late include my broken Bodum (my caffeine needs have escalated); Ed My Nightmare Neighbour decelerating to a crawl every time he drives past our house and sees we’re outside (subtle, [...]